It’s YOUR union!
UCU is a democratic organisation reliant on the large-scale participation of its members. Our effectiveness as an industrial force and professional body depends on how active local branches and individual members are.
There are many ways to get involved in UCU activity at Kingston:
- Come to branch meetings and events (see Events for details)
- Sign up to our discussion list (we recommend using personal email) www.jiscmail.ac.uk/UCUKINGSTONDISCUSSION
- Be a departmental contact (keep us updated with your colleagues’ opinions on workplace issues and let them know about union actions and activities)
- Become a Kingston UCU Rep (training available, plus work time allocated for union duties). We have a number of unfilled posts on the branch committee.
- Share your skills and time! We need help with publicity, design, research, events organisation, running stalls, …
If it’s just spending a bit of time each year distributing branch publicity to your colleagues, or getting involved in helping run a campaign you care about, or becoming a trained-up Rep, it all makes a difference .