Kingston UCU Branch
Kingston UCU is run by an elected committee of officers and ordinary members, who are all volunteers who give their time to support and represent members. We hold regular branch meetings open to all Kingston UCU members, as well as campaign events and extraordinary meetings in response to urgent issues facing Kingston staff.
As a branch we have a high level of case work and we are always looking for members to help out and get more actively involved.
Participation makes a union strong!
There are many ways to get involved in UCU activity at Kingston:
- Come to branch meetings and events (see Events for details)
- Sign up to our discussion list (we recommend using personal email) www.jiscmail.ac.uk/UCUKINGSTONDISCUSSION
- Be a departmental contact (keep us updated with your colleagues’ opinions on workplace issues and let them know about union actions and activities)
- Become a Kingston UCU Rep (training available, plus work time allocated for union duties). We have a number of unfilled posts on the branch committee.
- Share your skills and time! We need help with publicity, design, research, events organisation, running stalls,…
Whether it’s a little time distributing branch publicity to your colleagues, getting involved in helping run a campaign, or becoming a trained-up Rep, it all makes a difference .
Let us know if you are currently experiencing a problem at work, or would simply like some advice.