An update regarding the current state of play in relation to our ongoing engagement with HR and management.
Branch Update October 2020
We will be holding another extraordinary meeting of the branch soon to discuss next steps – we will notify members of the time and date soon.
Members can find the minutes of the last KU UCU branch meeting here:
Kingston University UCU Branch Meeting via Zoom 21st April 2020
Issues discussed included:
- Working from Home and Health and Safety at work
- Personal Boundaries and safeguarding while working from home
- Support for staff with caring responsibilities whilst working from home
- Situation for HPLs, fixed term and casualised staff
- Furlough arrangements
- Marking deadlines
- Annual Leave
- Impact of university closure on REF
- Support for international and postgraduate students
- Proposals for TB1 2020/2021
A #CoronaContract motion was passed to call on Kingston University support and protect the jobs of all staff on casual contracts and PhD students.
Please get in touch if you have any updates or feedback on these issues or any other issues that arise.
On Tuesday 24th March UCU representatives, along with our partner unions, met formally with KU senior management at a Joint Negotiating and Consultative Committee (JNCC) meeting to discuss actions and reactions to the current national Covid-19 emergency.
In the interim between scheduling and the meeting taking place, the situation had moved rapidly nationally and some of the concerns had already been addressed either by KU themselves or by government instruction.
Some of the key areas of concern for our members were: